Monday, July 18, 2011

What a difference a year makes...

It's always interesting to take a look back and reflect on your life and how it has changed in the past year.  Wow my life has really changed!  First, last July I started my job with the Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce.  It was scary making the decision to leave my current job but I knew I was ready and up for the challenge!  I believe a person will never achieve great things without taking some risks.  I'm so glad I took the risk of starting my new career; it has definitely been a good decision!

Next, my physical appearance has changed since last year...can you see the difference?  :)

This was July 2010

July 2011 (39 weeks + 1 day preggo)

This of course brings me to a very big change in my life.  Bill and I are expecting our first child Brody any day now!  I discovered over the past 40 weeks that I am not one of the women that was "meant" to be pregnant but that's a whole different post entirely. 

The last major difference in my life over the past year is I lost my sweet step-dad Don in May.  This is something that is still really hard but I smile at the thought of him looking down on his "baby" about to have one of her own.  

I think it's good to reflect on the good and bad things that happen in our lives.  It helps us to evaluate where we are and where we want to be.  Even though I think reflection is important, I fully believe in the following quote "Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted".

No comments:

Post a Comment