Sunday, July 24, 2011

"D Day" has arrived

Well the day has arrived.  July 24, 2011 my official due date and according from the What to Expect App on my iPhone "Today is the Day".  But as you can probably guess I am not blogging from labor and delivery.  Nope, I'm sitting in my house still baking a baby.  I can't blame Mr. Man for stalling his entrance into the "real world".  If you stop to think about it right now he's got it pretty good, probably the easiest he will ever have it in his life. 
So I thought maybe if he knew some of the things we were looking forward to it might help him decide to make his entrance.
So baby boy here are some things I am looking forward to:

1) Seeing you the first time. 
I really have no idea what you will look like.  I think you will have dark hair like your Daddy.  I do want to see the feet that have been stretching out and crushing my ribs for the past month. 

2) Hearing you cry. 
Now I know once he arrives I will dread ever making this statement.  But I wonder what you will sound like.  If you're anything like me you will have quite the set of lungs to wail out fairly loudly.

3)  Introducing you to your new family and friends. 
I know I am not alone in the anticipation of your arrival.  We have been so lucky during this pregnancy to have a wonderful support system and there are so many people eagerly waiting to hold you.

4)  Holidays 
Your Daddy is already planning his annual Fall Fest.  Don't worry I have nixed the hay ride idea until you are a bit older and bigger.  From Halloween to Christmas, I can't wait for us to start some great traditions with you.

5)  Seeing Bill as your father. 
Parenthood is a scary thing but one thing I know for sure is that you are going to have the best Daddy.  He is planning to read to you every night before bed.  You two will have some fun outdoor excursions together.  When you are older I am sure he will even introduce you to his love of chocolate and hot wings. 

These of course are just a few things that I am looking forward to with your arrival.  So get in the launch position, follow the light and shoot on out!!! 

1 comment:

  1. The hayride may be postponed....but I have many other ideas!!!!

    ReplyDelete