Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

Happy Monday!  I can actually say that this morning because I had such a good weekend that I am not dreading this morning.  I spent some much needed catch up time with the nugget and Bill.  Friday I made Halloween treat bags for some of our special Halloween spooks that will come to our house.  Saturday we finally hung shelves in Brody's room I had been planning to do for some time.  I think they really help to "complete" the wall.

Saturday afternoon we made our annual trip to Green Acres pumpkin patch in Milan. Bill had already been this year to get some pumpkins.

He loved looking at all of the scenery and displays.  Next year will be even more fun when he can help gather pumpkins.

Sunday evening we had our annual Fall Fest Celebration.  What is Fall Fest?  This is a special holiday that Bill created several years ago.  We basically pay homage to all of the things we love about fall ...from food to activities.  This year was scaled down a bit due to the mini human but I made chili, beer bread, and butter pecan cupcakes.  Here are our pumpkins (our as Bill says punn-kin) we carved.
My pumpkin

Bill's pumpkin
This weekend I also picked out and ordered matching Christmas stockings.  I can't wait till they arrive.  Bill's stocking will be Santa, mine will be Mrs. Claus and Brody will be the reindeer/moose. 
I also ordered B some super cute Christmas long johns with a reindeer on the toosh.  Adorable!

 
O.k. that's my weekend wrap-up.  Happy Monday and Happy Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment