Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Operation Slim-Down...

Time to rally the weight loss troops!  Operation slim down mommy's rear has commenced!!! 

While pregnant I gained 45 pounds (insert sigh).  10 of those pounds were during the last month when I was eating nachos and ice cream practically every night trying to get the baby's weight up (thanks Brody).  When I returned home from the hospital I went to weigh hoping I would be one of those lucky women that lost nearly half their pregnancy weight in the hospital...ummm not so much.  I had only lost 4 pounds!  WTH!!!  I gave birth to over a 6 pound baby so it was mathematically impossible that I only lost 4 pounds (I later realized I was pretty swollen from all the fluids they pump you with).  So here we are almost a month since delivery and I've lost 20 pounds which means I have 25 more to go (insert another sigh).  Dieting and exercising to me are alot like pregnancy:  sucks while you're doing it but the end result is worth it.  So for the past three days I've been back on my walking routine and eating healthy.  It's not been bad at all in fact I sort of missed my daily routine.  I think when you have a husband forcing you to stuff your face with snickers ice cream bars and chips and cheese the idea of indulging in junk food becomes less appealing.  I don't believe in fad or crash dieting because it seems your normally will always gain the weight (and then some) back.  How do I plan to lose the extra junk in my trunk?  Simple method of calories in versus calories out:  walking every day like I did pre-pregnancy, eating really well and cutting down (not out) on my carbs.

So here we go...

1 comment: