Monday, August 29, 2011

Goodbye weekend - hello Monday!

Is it Monday already?  Even though I am on maternity leave I still really enjoy the weekends because Bill is home and we're both able to spend time with the mini-human.  I also get the chance to have a bit more freedom to get out and about.  This weekend was especially good because we celebrated a couple milestones:

Brody turned 1 month on Saturday! 
He partied like a rock star, drinking bottle...after bottle...after bottle...after bottle  haha
Baby Daddy (aka Bill) celebrated his 31st birthday on Sunday.  We went out to dinner (minus baby) with our friends Andrew and Ashley on Saturday night.  It was the first time I had been to a restaraunt with Bill in 6 weeks!  Then Sunday morning we started the day off by making our first very succesful trip as a family to Wal-Mart.  I know at first it may not really sound like an exciting time but when you haven't been in over a month and you're toting a baby completing the errand was actually quite thrilling.  We celebrated our accomplishment by picking up Perkin's mega-muffins for breakfast (of course I ate oatmeal instead damn diet).  The day ended with us going to Bill's parent's home to eat dinner and cake (I said no to chocolate cake double-damn diet).
Sunday I also recieved the proofs for Brody's newborn pictures! 
We were really pleased with how they turned out.  If you've ever had the experience of taking newborn pictures with an 11 day old baby then you'll understand how stressful the process can be.  During the session I kept joking with the photographer I'd be pleased if we got just one picture.  She was great in working with Brody and calming him down and we definitely got more than one picture.  :) Thankfully the photographer narrows down the proofs so you aren't sifting thru hundreds of pics.  It's still going to be difficult to decide on which ones and how much to order...Brody doesn't really need a college fund does he? 
Click Here if you'd like to check out our photographer's website.   


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that Brody is one month already...crazy!! The pictures turned out so well!!

    ReplyDelete