Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Damn you Fisher-Price!

Ok let me explain what has sparked my little bit of outrage toward a company known for products geared to enhance and brighten the lives of little rugrats across the globe.  This is the culprit:

This is the Fisher-Price My Little Lamb Infant Seat.  It is my new nemesis and best friend combined.  I seriously have a love-hate relationship with this contraption.  My affection for it comes because Brody freaking loves this thing.  It is a vibrating seat that is super soft.  My hatred of it is because it will only run for 15 minutes at a time before it automatically shuts off.  There is no way to change the setting to have extended power life.  15 minutes is not really not a long time when you are trying to get things accomplished around the house and it's almost become a challenge/competition for me.   Set the stopwatch on the iPhone and see how much you can cross off the to-do list within 15 minutes.  I understand the point is to "conserve" the battery life and as much as I'm impressed with my lighting fast chore abilities; I'd gladly spend a portion of Brody's college fund replacing the batteries more often to have the seat run longer.  I think the idea to only have it run for 15 minutes at a time must have been from a tree-hugging hippie executive trying to save the planet and drive new moms nuts at the same time. 

So for now My Little Lamb Infant Seat you have won the battle but as soon as your soothing voodoo power stops working on my son there is a baseball bat calling your name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment