Sunday, April 18, 2010

Busy as a Bee...


This has been such a busy week, hence the title and above picture. :) My good friends Ashley & Andrew are expecting their first little one. Since they don't know the sex yet Ashley & I have affectionately been referring to the baby as the "little gummy bear" because that's really what it looks like in the ultrasound pic. I went looking at nursery furniture with Ashley and there are so many cute options; I'm excited to see what they choose!
This week I was elected to serve as President of the ZTA Jackson Alumnae Chapter. I'll be working with a fabulous group of ladies on the EC. I'm sure my new position will be challenging at times and a lot of work but I'm stoked to have been given the opportunity to further my service to the fraternity!


Friday I participated as a "celebrity" waitress at the Breakfast for Babies fundraiser benefiting the March of Dimes. Their mission is to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality. I always have such a fun time at this event and I'm happy to say no coffee was spilled and no patrons were injured. If you'd like to make a donation please visit http://www.marchofdimes.com/ and click "Donate Now".

Finally, Saturday I went to Murfreesboro to take my sister out for her birthday. Even though she's my older sister; I am still taller than her. It was good to get a chance to visit since we don't get to see each other as often as we'd like.


No comments:

Post a Comment